I have exciting news. The musical troop that I am in (ArmsUp) has released our cover of “Where is my mind.” Although I blogged about it a few weeks ago this time it’s different because:
- It’s mixed and available for free download
- I know recording the song was the right choice
- It’s legal. ie the proper people have been contacted for the “rights”
Here’s a copy: Where is my mind – ArmsUp
Now that the music part of this experiment is done, it’s time to move to every musicians favorite part:
Promoting you music (beyond Myspace)!
Hoover and I often speak about how the internet can be an independant bands best friend, and now it’s time to put our hypothesis to the test.
So here is the plan:
- For the next 2 months I will be heading to http://www.hypem.com and searching out bands that ArmsUp is often compared to, such as the Pixies, Coldplay, and Weezer.
- These searches yield music Blogs that have recently posted about said bands.
- I will head to those Blogs and post comments about the Blog subjects leaving a Link to the Myspace without jamming the link down the Bloggers throat.
- If I find blogs that consistently post about Colplay, Weezer, or the Pixies I’ll bookmark them. Then once a week I’ll have a Blog day where I go to those Blogs and comment or message or something like that to start the relationship.
- Note: Theses relationships with Blogger will be honest, and I mean to only start relationships with Bloggers who I enjoy.
What d’ya think?
Will it work?
Will ArmsUp become the next Vampire Weekend?
Will this be a colossal waste of time?
Who knows but I have to try, cuz what else is a poor boy to do? Then to sing for a Rock’n’Roll band.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d-6-yMDO0s]
Lyrics and Balance baby,