Want to distribute your single, E.P, or album? Want to get it on iTunes and Rhapsody and all of those other nifty digital distribution sites? Where do you go?
For many DIY artists you have 2 choices: CD Baby & Tunecore.
- Your music on a lot of quality sites. iTunes, Rhapsody, etc
- You pay a Per Album fee of $35 + $20 for a valid barcode. Totaling $55 bones.
- BUT THEY TAKE 9% on ALL DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION (unclear if it’s 9% after iTunes’ cut or not)
- Your music on whatever sites YOU choose. iTunes, Amie Street, etc
- They charge $.99 per track, $.99 per album per store, and $20 annual storage fee.
- You keep all of the profits from the digital distribution sites after they take their cut (iTunes takes 20%)
- YOU KEEP 100% but they charge you an ANNUAL upkeep fee of $20 PER ALBUM
++ BOTTOM LINE ++
If your planning on selling large quantities of downloads then you should probably go with Tune Core.
If your not selling a ton then CD Baby is probably a cheaper road over the long term.
Check out their sites and make an informed decision. Let us know if we’re missing any other good online distribution sites.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdtG0L9Alk]
Take Control of Your Music,