ZOMG I’m so in love with Spotify.
As a North American I had only dreamed about using the service that was supposed to save the industry. I’m not so sure about saving the entire music industry, but I can vouch for how slick and user friendly Spotify is.
But how did I get this amazing Europe-only music service as a land locked North American?
Well Business Insider has a very quick summary in their How To section:
- First, you’ll need a UK-based proxy server. Go to www.daveproxy.co.uk and enter this URL into the bar on the site: https://www.spotify.com/int/invitation/ and click Go.
- Now you’ll be taken to the Spotify registration page. You can see Dave Proxy running in the banner at the top. That means Spotify thinks you are visiting the site from a UK computer. Click “Try Spotify Now” to get started.
- Choose your user name and password. Then click “Go to the next step”
- Now comes the tricky part. You have to stretch the truth about your actual location and provide a real UK postal code. We did the work and found one for you. Use “W21EG” and fill out the rest of the form.
- Now choose the “Open” plan. It’s free! (via Business Insider)
Now click download to get the app for your desktop, launch the app and use the log in you just created. See wasn’t that easy? Enjoy it while it lasts friends!