Have you checked out the 8mm Vintage Camera iPhone app? It’s a simple and easy way to make videos that have a definite retro style to them.
Choose from 25 filters (!) with added features like frame jitters, dust & scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks that can all be activated during recording. This app costs you all of $1.99, which is probably less than what you spent on a cup of coffee this morning.
▶ Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you record.
Lenses ▶ 5 lenses bundled – Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak and Color Fringing.
Films ▶ 5 grainy, discolored, dusted and aged films from different eras – 1920, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena
Jitter Button ▶ Add random up and down displacement of frames to imitate real 8mm projectors
• Swap lenses and films at any time
• Trigger frame jitter during recording
• Turn on/off flash on supported devices
• Switch between front and back cameras on supported devices
• Tap to focus and adjust exposure
• Export options: Save to Camera Roll, email, or share on YouTube
• Transfer movies quickly to computer via iTunes File Sharing (via Appolicious)
If you’re familiar with Instagram or Hipstmatic then you’re well on your way to understanding what the 8mm Vintage Camera app can do for you. It adds pretty textures to your videos instantly making them Upload worthy.
The video below was created by 3 iPhones (my friends and me) over the course of a case of beer last week. It took a little while to put together but I think the general idea is there, which is to showcase all of the cool filters that this 8mm app can do.