If you hadn’t heard, Spotify finally launched in the United States of America. Big, big, news this is.
Is the new age of music upon us? With Apple’s iCloud, which is a streaming services of sorts, and now Spotify, will the biggest music buying market in the world finally adopt this new technology? Only time will tell, but Yes, I think this will be a big deal. Details from the Spotify press release below.
Spotify has more than 10 million registered users and more than 1.6 million paying subscribers across 7 countries in Europe; the US marks the 8th territory. With a ratio of well over 15% paying subscribers to active free users, Spotify is the largest and fastest growing service of its kind.
One lean, green, music machine
• Spotify gives you on-demand access (with no buffering) to a library of more than 15 million songs. What’s more, you can import the MP3s you already own with just one click, to create a mighty music player.
• Take your music with you by installing Spotify on your cellphone or iPod Touch. Wirelessly sync your MP3 playlists to listen offline and subscribe to Spotify Premium to combine your own music with access to our catalogue of over 15 million tracks.
• Spotify Free – the unsurpassed free music service…. Features occasional advertising.
• Spotify Unlimited – all the special features of our free service but with uninterrupted, ad-free access to Spotify on your computer. All for only $4.99 a month.
• Spotify Premium – Premium gives you access to all the music, all the time. Listen online or offline, on your computer, your cellphone and a whole heap of other devices….Premium costs just $9.99 a month (that’s the equivalent of a few fancy coffees).
More details here