GOOD. LORD. –CDJ
It seems that once you establish yourselves as a viral music video band, you’ve got to go bigger/more complicated and creative on each video to keep getting the hits. Nicely done Ok Go, this video is pretty slick… paid for entirely by Chevrolet? Does it matter? Not to their fans.
- Ok Go set up over 1000 instruments over two miles of desert outside Los Angeles. A
- Chevy Sonic was outfitted with retractable pneumatic arms designed to play the instruments, and the band recorded this version of Needing/Getting, singing as they played the instrument array with the car.
- The video took 4 months of preparation and 4 days of shooting and recording.
- There are no ringers or stand-ins
- Damian took stunt driving lessons.
- Each piano had the lowest octaves tuned to the same note so that they’d play the right note no matter where they were struck.
For more information and behind-the-scenes footage, see http://www.LetsDoThis.com and http://www.okgo.net. Many thanks to Chevy for believing in and supporting such an insane and ambitious project, and to Gretsch for providing the guitars. -Ok Go