Big news from one of the internet’s biggest musician hubs, SoundCloud; they’ve got upgrades coming. Currently the upgrades are still in private beta mode, but soo enough the Next SoundCloud will reveal a more focused and intuitive layout. With features set to make an even bigger impact on the online sound world.
Here’s a run down of the new features:
- A more interactive waveform player with profiles redesigned
- Simpler, more attractive profiles bring the best things into view: sounds, sets, reposts and profile images.
- Likes and comments are more visible. See which of your friends are following people you find.
- New reposts to share what you hear.
- Real-time updates from your friends.
- Play your sounds continuously
- Build sets of music and audio you like
- Forget playlists : Sets let you build collections of sounds you like in one Waveform. Share your sets with people, and like and repost other people’s sets too.
- Easier than ever to navigate
- New search with faster, better results
Essentially sound cloud is getting slicker and quicker and they’re still set to be the YouTube for Sound. Still, the one thing that Bandcamp has over SoundCloud is the email list signups. SoundCloud is already an obvious first choice for DJs but I’ll be using Bandcamp primarily until SoundCloud does a little more for bands in the email area. Check out the new SoundCloud here.
Category: Digital Music